Active Recovery teaches clients to battle unhealthy compulsions, develop a future story and make value-based decisions. This program treats both substance abuse and poverty by leading people beyond rescue and to fulfillment. Once an individual is drug-free and has his needs met, he is then free to work on developing a better life.
Active Recovery focuses on six core principles:
- Understanding Addiction: learning how the brain equates drug use with survival and chains us to our habits.
- Dissecting Motivation: discovering which motivators lead to healthy outcomes and which do not.
- Creating a Life Plan: developing a genuine, personal plan for physical, spiritual, mental, vocational and social health.
- Identifying Values: learning how to differentiate universal and practical values and use them as a tool to direct our actions.
- Value-based Decisions: uncovering individual, practical values to direct decisions. Through practice we develop habits in decision-making that take us to a place of fulfillment.
- Emotional Maturity: identifying the perceptions which feed negative feelings allows one to recognize barriers to healthier emotions.
CHRIST-CENTERED RECOVERY Program
Clinically-structured group process
vocation & education advancement
no-cost recovery for our clients
Think you might have a substance problem? Please click on the link below for our quick self-assessment survey.
JIMMIE HALE MISSION
Donation Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 10472
Birmingham, AL 35202
Men's Center Location:
3420 2nd Ave. N.
Birmingham, AL 35222
Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc. is a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children, recovery programs, and three learning centers. This charity is often misspelled Jimmy Hale Mission. Federal Tax ID: 63-0358757